Digital & Print Designer
Start date: ASAP
Job type: 3 or 4 days a week, permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pro rata depending on experience
Holiday: 34 days pro rata (including public holidays)
Deadline for applications: 16th Feb 2018
We are a rapidly growing creative communications consultancy that lights fires under brave ideas. The brave ideas that we’re most keen on are those that help experts communicate in the simplest way to the audiences that matter.
This involves working with organisations like think tanks, political parties, and campaigning organisations to build websites, design reports and journals, and develop brands.
Recent projects include:
Inkstick: A website that reimagines the way foreign policy is communicated to general public audiences. https://inkstickmedia.com
Texas National Security Review: Working with the University of Texas and WarOnTheRocks.com to create a new breed of academic journal to bridge the gap between academics and US policy makers (in print and online). https://tnsr.org/
We’re a close-knit team currently based right next to Peckham Rye station (with plans to move office on the horizon). We’re looking for a bold creative with print and web design skills to join the the Flint tribe.
You’ll be someone with ideas. Someone who thinks outside the box. Someone who wants to get involved with a younger agency and shape its creative development.
We’re on the hunt for a generalist rather than a specialist. One day you may be wireframing a website, the next putting the finishing touches to a brand’s visual identity, and the week after trawling through design forums to find an illustrator to collaborate with.
You’ll have a lot of autonomy (including the freedom to work from your favourite coffee shop as much or as little as you like), be instrumental in shaping the agency’s creative direction, and subject to a generous training budget that you can spend as you desire.
The role isn’t 5 days a week because we want to encourage you to discover new ways of doing things, either by working with other agencies, picking up freelance gigs, or developing your own personal projects. It’s up to you whether you want to do 3 or 4 days a week - we’re comfortable either way.
- Three to five years’ experience
- Demonstrable expertise in both print and digital design
- Personal interest and curiosity in web design trends, interactive design, and data visualisation
- Diligent, have excellent attention to detail, and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- An expert in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
Nice to haves
- An interest in politics and foreign affairs
- An understanding of digital marketing, including PPC and SEO
- A basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Some experience with WordPress
- Microsoft Office skills (mostly Powerpoint, some Word)
- Big agency experience is a plus
- Project and client management experience is a big plus
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with a subject line that will get our attention, and...
- Your portfolio, to include one print and one digital project
- A one page CV (a few bullet points on where you’ve worked, for how long, and one project you’re proud of that you did there will suffice)
- An example of some political design/creative work that you think is worth writing about, and write no more than 100 words telling us why
(Please attach files to the body of your email, no download links from third party websites)
If you sound right for us we’ll take you out for a coffee. We’re looking forward to it.